Pre-Entry Visits and Bookings
Pre entry visits are a valuable way of introducing school life to your child. Your child will become familiar with their teacher, other children in the class and the location of facilities.
Four weeks before your child turns five they can visit during the following times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning from 8.45am - 10.30am
NB: Please drop your child off between 8.30 and 8.45am and return to pick up your child at 10.30am.
- Friday 2pm - 2.30pm.
NB: Your child must be accompanied by a parent/caregiver
- No pre entry visits in the first or last week of each term, weekends, school holidays or public holidays.
Our New Entrant block (Te Kōhanga) consists of three classrooms (Room 18, Room 19 and Room 20). Room 20's entrance is situated by the hall.
Children are encouraged to participate in class routines. This is also a chance for your child to explore Te Kōhanga, especially our library corner. They will also take part in learning activities. During our morning visits, your child will participate in beginning of the day routines, join us for morning tea and have a chance to play with new friends at interval.
Friday 2pm - 2.30pm.
- Please ensure only one adult accompanies your child during the visit and stays for the session.
- No siblings are to attend the pre-entry visit.
- No photography or filming during a pre-entry visit.
- A reminder that other classes are in session during this time. Please be respectful of their learning.
- If you have any questions please email the Lead Teacher of Te Kōhanga, Katherine Pringle firstname.lastname@example.org