Pre Entry Visits and Bookings
Pre entry visits are a valuable way of introducing school life to your child. Your child will become familiar with their teacher, other children in the class and the location of facilities.
Four weeks before your child turns five they can visit during the following times:
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning from 8.45am - 10.30am NB: Please drop your child off between 8.30 and 8.45am and return at 10.30am to pick them up.
- Friday 2pm until 2.30pm. (Your child must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver)
- NB: We DO NOT have pre entry visits in the first or last week of each term, weekends, school holidays or public holidays.
Our New Entrant block (Te Kohanga) consists of three classrooms (Room 18, Room 19 and Room 20). Room 20's entrance is situated by the hall.
Children are encouraged to participate in morning routines. This is also a chance for your child to explore the classroom, especially our library corner. They will also take part in classroom activities and will participate in our morning interval, this includes morning tea and playtime.
- Please ensure only one adult accompanies your child during the visit and stays for that session.
- No younger siblings are to attend the pre-entry visit.
- No photography or filming during a pre-entry visit.
- A reminder that other classes are in session during this time. Please be respectful of their learning
- If you have any questions please email our New Entrant Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org