Empowering our learners to access their future.
To nurture and build each child's self esteem whilst encouraging and fostering a love of learning through the provision of a balanced high quality education, which will assist children to achieve their full potential.
We will achieve this by...
- Recognising and responding to each child's needs.
- Valuing the partnership between whanau, parents/caregivers and teachers.
- Reflecting the cultures and values of our community.
Our Guiding Principles
- Equity: Demonstrating integrity, fairness and justice in the provision of education.
- Partnership: Commitment to meeting all stakeholders' expectations and aspirations through our chartered obligations.
- Treaty of Waitangi: The historical foundation for our bi-cultural society.
- Education: Commitment to providing the highest quality of education possible to our children.
Our Guiding Values
- Relationships: Based on mutual respect and trust, accepting of differences.
- Communication: that is honest, open, culturally appropriate and undertaken with integrity.
- Accessibility: removing barriers, providing opportunities.
- Community: engender a sense of belonging to and being part of our inclusive school community
- Enterprise and Innovation: Using all our available resources to maximise the benefits for our children.
- Diversity: of culture, interests and abilities.
- Professionalism of Staff: Commitment to the craft of teaching, reflective, philosophically based, innovative, current teaching and learning theories reflected in practice.